One of the study fields offered by the PRIGO High School is Economy and Business (applied to sports).
63-41M/01 Economy and Business
This field of study is based on the Business Academy’s background, though with a more detailed focus on the practical aspect of studies and life. We prepare our students for their successful completion of the school-leaving examination; we do not expect preparation for university studies to a greater extent. The graduates of this field of study are equipped in economic and legal terms for running their businesses under a trade license or in small and medium-sized business corporations. After the successful completion of their school attendance, they do business directly under their own names or in a larger group, or they continue in their studies at a college that is practice-oriented as well. We closely cooperate with our partner PRIGO College (click here), which specialises in general legal activity. This field of study reduces maths classes to a necessary minimum as required by the Framework Educational Programme for ‘Economy and Business’ but which is still sufficient for general knowledge. Unlike with general grammar schools, there is almost no need to teach natural sciences; the students then may focus on practical skills, especially those of economic nature – and even more intensely as compared to the ‘Business Academy’ field.
The curriculum and the school educational programme can be downloaded here (available in the Czech language only).
Admission conditions for the 3rd round
There is inly 1 vacancy left.
If the applicant does not show interest in using the criteria in points 1-10 below), then he / she passes the school entrance examination, which consists of the test of General Study Prerequisites – OSP (example here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 100 points.
Criteria for recognition of the school part of the examination
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.6 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth or the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.5 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) the average school results from the three out of four following subjects (Czech Language and Literature, English Language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.3 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year did not exceed the value of 2.0 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
4) at least once represented the Czech Republic in a sport or placed between 1st – 10th place at the relevant national championship
5) placed between 1st – 5th place in the regional or district round of the mathematical, chemical, physical, geographical or astronomical Olympiad, or the Olympiad in the Czech language, or equivalent competitions announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (such as Mathematical Kangaroo, Bobřík of Informatics etc.)
6) passing a certified language examination in English, German, French or Spanish at A2 level and higher (eg KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
7) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
8) placement in the first 30% of the order in the Logical Olympiad organized by Mensa ČR in the regional round at least once during the study at primary school
9) on the basis of a decision of the principal of the PRIGO Secondary School on the basis of an administrative discretion to recognize type-equivalent or similar achievements referred to in points 4) and 5) worthy of special consideration
10) the conditions of the uniform (state) entrance examination have been met
11) the conditions of the school entrance examination from the OSP (general study prerequisites) have been met
In accordance with the provisions of Section 60, Paragraph 3 of the Education Act, the school principal decides as follows:
a) for all fields, if the candidate does not meet at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-9), the better of the results in points 10) and 11), ie the state part of the entrance examination or the school entrance examination, will be assessed. For the school part of the entrance exam mentioned 11), the candidate can achieve a maximum of 100 points. The school part must be completed again for the 3rd round of the admission procedure and the school part from the 1st or 2nd round of the entrance examination cannot be recognized. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 10), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The uniform entrance examination from the first round will be recognized, provided that the applicant submits, together with the application for study, the result of the evaluation of the uniform entrance examination from the first round.
If the applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-9), he / she will be obliged to pass the school entrance examination 11), resp. the obligation to document the result of the state part of the entrance examination according to point 10) is waived and automatically awarded a point evaluation of 100 points in the overall ranking of candidates.
b) if the candidate does not reach the minimum set point limit of 30 points for the given field of education, then he / she will not meet the criterion for passing the entrance examination and will not be accepted for education.
Based on the points that the candidate receives, the order of the candidates from the best to the worst result is compiled. The primary criterion for ranking candidates is the number of points achieved. If the score is the same, the average benefit according to point 1) rounded to two decimal places is used as a secondary criterion. Pupils who have obtained at least the minimum number of points for a given round and will be placed in the interval from 1st place to a place that corresponds to the order of the applicant who placed last in the remaining capacity (number of vacancies – 1 vacancy for the field of Economics and Business) for the 3rd round of the admission procedure for the given field of education.
You can find more information about studying at our High School here.
PRIGO – Grammar schools and high school – On-line Open Day