One of the study fields offered by the PRIGO High School is Economy and Business (applied to sports).
63-41M/01 Economy and Business
This field of study is based on the Business Academy’s background, though with a more detailed focus on the practical aspect of studies and life. We prepare our students for their successful completion of the school-leaving examination; we do not expect preparation for university studies to a greater extent. The graduates of this field of study are equipped in economic and legal terms for running their businesses under a trade license or in small and medium-sized business corporations. After the successful completion of their school attendance, they do business directly under their own names or in a larger group, or they continue in their studies at a college that is practice-oriented as well. We closely cooperate with our partner PRIGO College (click here), which specialises in general legal activity. This field of study reduces maths classes to a necessary minimum as required by the Framework Educational Programme for ‘Economy and Business’ but which is still sufficient for general knowledge. Unlike with general grammar schools, there is almost no need to teach natural sciences; the students then may focus on practical skills, especially those of economic nature – and even more intensely as compared to the ‘Business Academy’ field.
The curriculum and the school educational programme can be downloaded here (available in the Czech language only).
Admission conditions for full-time education for the 2nd round
The school entrance exam consists of a test of General Study Prerequisites – OSP (sample here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 100 points.
Admission conditions for the 2nd round of the admission procedure
Field: Economics and business, SEP: Economics and business in sport
1) the average benefit from all subjects in the eighth and ninth grades of primary school did not exceed the value of 1.6 (only the benefit for the first half of the year is documented)
2) the average benefit from all subjects in the eighth or ninth grade of primary school did not exceed the value of 1.5 (only the benefit for the first semester is documented)
3) the average benefit of 3 of the following 4 subjects (Czech Language and Literature, English Language, History, Physical Education) in the ninth grade of primary school did not exceed 1.3 and the total benefit of all subjects in the eighth and ninth grades is not more than 2.0 (only the benefit for the first half of the year is documented)
4) at least once represented the Czech Republic in a sport or placed at least 1st – 10th place at the relevant national championship
5) placement on the 1st – 5th place in the regional or district round of the mathematical, chemical, physical, geographical or astronomical Olympiad, or the Olympiad in the Czech language, ev. equivalent competitions announced by the Ministry of Education, regions or schools (eg Mathematical Kangaroo, Bobřík Informatics, etc.)
6) passing a certified language exam in English, German, French or Spanish at level A2 and higher (eg KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
7) on the basis of current and documented membership in Mense ČR (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
8) placement in the first 30% of the ranking in the Logical Olympiad organized by the Mensa ČR in the regional round at least once during the study at primary school
9) on the basis of a decision of the principal of the PRIGO Secondary School on the basis of an administrative discretion to recognize type-equivalent or similar achievements referred to in points 4), 5) and 6) worthy of special consideration
10) the conditions of the school entrance examination from the OSP (general study prerequisites) have been met
11) the conditions of the uniform (state) entrance examination have been met
If the applicant has fulfilled compulsory school attendance in the school year 2020/2021, according to § 1 paragraph 7 of Decree No. 353/2016 Coll., On the admission procedure for secondary education, it is not part of the evaluation criteria for the second half of the school year 2019/2020 . In this case, for the recognition of the school entrance examination in points 1), 2), 3) the average benefit for the 1st half of the 8th grade of the school year 2019/2020 and for the 1st half of the 9th grade of the school year 2020/2021 is documented.
In the field of Economics and Business, if the candidate does not meet at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-9), the better of the results in points 10) and 11), ie the school or state part of the entrance examination, will be assessed. For the school part of the entrance exam referred to in point 10), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The school part must be completed again for the 2nd round of the admission procedure and the school part from the 1st round of the entrance examination cannot be recognized. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 11), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The uniform entrance examination from the first round will be recognized, provided that the applicant submits, together with the application for study, the result of the evaluation of the uniform entrance examination from the first round.
If the applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-9), he / she will be obliged to pass the school entrance examination according to point 10), resp. the obligation to document the result of the state part of the entrance examination according to point 11) is waived and automatically awarded a point evaluation of 100 points in the overall order of candidates.
On the basis of a better result from the school part or the state entrance exam, resp. the result of the point evaluation obtained on the basis of meeting the criteria in points 1-8), the order of candidates from the best to the worst result will be compiled. The primary criterion for ranking candidates is the number of points achieved. If the point evaluation is the same, the average benefit according to point 1) rounded to two decimal places is used as a secondary criterion. Pupils who place in the interval from the 1st place to the place that corresponds to the order of the applicant who placed last in the remaining capacity within the remaining capacity announced for the 2nd round of the admission procedure for the given field of education will be admitted to the study.
You can find more information about studying at our High School here.
PRIGO – Grammar schools and high school – On-line Open Day