Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
75-31-M/01 Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
Graduates will find employment as teachers in pre-school facilities, as child-care workers in school facilities for leisure activities, especially in leisure centres, after-school circles and school clubs, in educational and accommodation facilities and other establishments in which one needs to work with children and youth (with the exception of the educational facilities for children and pupils with special educational needs, institutional or protective care or preventive educational care; see Art. 16 (2) of Act No. 563/2004 Coll., on teaching staff). Graduates will also find employment in non-school facilities, such as in social care, health care or leisure time, in which teaching competence is required to carry out educational and training activities. Graduates are prepared to perform educational and leisure activities focused on the education of children of pre-school and school ages. Successful completion of the educational programme makes it possible to study further at higher vocational schools or universities with a similar specialisation.
The curriculum and the school educational programme (can be downloaded here).
Admission requirements for the 1st round
An applicant can obtain a maximum of 166 points for all parts of the entrance examination: a maximum of 100 points for the state examination and a maximum of 66 points for the school part of the examination. The pupils attending the first round of the entrance examinations will be ranked according to the results of both parts of the examinations. Those students placed between the 1st position and the position corresponding to the ranking of the student placed last within the capacity announced for the 1st round of the admissions for a given subject of study will be admitted to studies. Also those students who have gained the same number of points as the last listed applicant will be admitted to studies as well.
The entrance examination is composed from the evaluation of the following parts:
1) result of the state entrance examination (a maximum of 100 points),
2) result of the school entrance examination (max. 66 points).
Joint (state) entrance examination consists of two didactic tests a) Czech language and literature (a sample here) and b) Mathematics (a sample here). Applicants receive a maximum of 50 points for the individual didactic tests. The highest possible number of points for the state examination is therefore 100 points if the applicant responds correctly to all the questions in both tests. The school entrance examination consists of the General Educational Prerequisites (samples here). Depending on the test result, applicants can obtain up to 66 points. The information on the preparatory course for the school entrance examination can be found here.
Recognition of the school part of the entrance examination
An applicant may be exempt from attending the entrance examination, receiving the maximum of 66 points without the need to pass the test of general studies requirements, if at least one of the following criteria is met. If there is a request for the recognition of the school part of entrance examination according to the following points 4 to 8, enclosing a Declaration on honour with attachments is a necessary condition (to download from here). The statutory declaration is an integral part of the application.
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school (only the school results for the first semester are presented) did not exceed the value of 1.5
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school (only the school results for the first semester are presented) did not exceed the value of 1.4
3) the average school results from the three out of four following subjects (Czech Language and Literature, English Language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of the elementary school (only the school results for the first semester are presented) did not exceed the value of 1.2 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year (only the school results for the first semester are presented) does not exceed the value of 1.9
4) placement on the 1st – 5th place in the regional or district round of the Mathematical, Chemical, Physical or Biological Olympiad, or other competition equivalent to competitions announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (such as Mathematical Kangaroo etc.)
5) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
6) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
7) based on the decision made by the headmistress of PRIGO High School by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Point 4) worthy of special consideration
Prerequisites for acceptance to the field Veterinary Medicine
1) meeting the criteria of the admission procedure
2) providing of medical report proving the applicant’s medical fitness
You can find more information on our High School here.