Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
One of the study fields in demand offered by the PRIGO High School is the Pre-school and Extra-curricular pedagogy.
75-31-M/01 Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
Graduates will find employment as teachers in pre-school facilities, as child-care workers in school facilities for leisure activities, especially in leisure centres, after-school circles and school clubs, in educational and accommodation facilities and other establishments in which one needs to work with children and youth (with the exception of the educational facilities for children and pupils with special educational needs, institutional or protective care or preventive educational care; see Art. 16 (2) of Act No. 563/2004 Coll., on teaching staff). Graduates will also find employment in non-school facilities, such as in social care, health care or leisure time, in which teaching competence is required to carry out educational and training activities. Graduates are prepared to perform educational and leisure activities focused on the education of children of pre-school and school ages. Successful completion of the educational programme makes it possible to study further at higher vocational schools or universities with a similar specialisation.
The curriculum and the school educational programme (can be downloaded here – available in the Czech language only).
Admission conditions for the 3rd round
There is only 1 vacancy left for the field of Preschool and Extra-curricular pedagogy.
If the applicant does not show interest in using the criteria in points 1-8 below), then he / she passes the school entrance examination, which consists of the test of General Study Prerequisites – OSP (example here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 100 points.
Criteria for recognition of the school part of the examination
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.5 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth or the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.4 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) the average school results from the three out of four following subjects (Czech Language and Literature, English Language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.2 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year did not exceed the value of 1.9 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
4) at least 2 years of study at Elementary School of Arts (ZUŠ), either musical or artistic field
5) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
6) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organized by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
7) based on the decision made by the headmistress of PRIGO High School by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Point 4) worthy of special consideration
8) the conditions of the uniform (state) entrance examination have been met
9) the conditions of the school entrance examination from the OSP (general study prerequisites) have been met
In accordance with the provisions of Section 60, Paragraph 3 of the Education Act, the school principal decides as follows:
a) for all fields, if the candidate does not meet at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), the better of the results in points 9) and 10), ie the state part of the entrance examination or the school entrance examination, will be assessed. For the school part of the entrance exam mentioned 10), the candidate can achieve a maximum of 100 points. The school part must be completed again for the 3rd round of the admission procedure and the school part from the 1st or 2nd round of the entrance examination cannot be recognized. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 9), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The uniform entrance examination from the first round will be recognized, provided that the applicant submits, together with the application for study, the result of the evaluation of the uniform entrance examination from the first round.
If the applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), he / she will be obliged to pass the school entrance examination 10), resp. the obligation to document the result of the state part of the entrance examination according to point 9) is waived and automatically awarded a point evaluation of 100 points in the overall ranking of candidates.
b) if the candidate does not reach the minimum set point limit of 30 points for the given field of education, then he / she will not meet the criterion for passing the entrance examination and will not be accepted for education.
Based on the points that the candidate receives, the order of the candidates from the best to the worst result is compiled. The primary criterion for ranking candidates is the number of points achieved. If the score is the same, the average benefit according to point 1) rounded to two decimal places is used as a secondary criterion. Pupils who have obtained at least the minimum number of points for a given round and will be placed in the interval from 1st place to a place that corresponds to the order of the applicant who placed last in the remaining capacity (number of vacancies – 1 vacancy for the field of Pre-school and extracurricular pedagogy) for the 3rd round of the admission procedure for the given field of education.
You can find more information obout studying at our High School here.