Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
One of the study fields in demand offered by the PRIGO High School is the Pre-school and Extra-curricular pedagogy.
75-31-M/01 Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy
Graduates will find employment as teachers in pre-school facilities, as child-care workers in school facilities for leisure activities, especially in leisure centres, after-school circles and school clubs, in educational and accommodation facilities and other establishments in which one needs to work with children and youth (with the exception of the educational facilities for children and pupils with special educational needs, institutional or protective care or preventive educational care; see Art. 16 (2) of Act No. 563/2004 Coll., on teaching staff). Graduates will also find employment in non-school facilities, such as in social care, health care or leisure time, in which teaching competence is required to carry out educational and training activities. Graduates are prepared to perform educational and leisure activities focused on the education of children of pre-school and school ages. Successful completion of the educational programme makes it possible to study further at higher vocational schools or universities with a similar specialisation.
The curriculum and the school educational programme (can be downloaded here – available in the Czech language only).
Admission requirements for the 1st round
The entrance examination consists of an assessment of the following parts:
1) the result of the uniform (state) entrance examination (max. 100 points)
2) the result of the school entrance examination (max. 900 points).
In total, the candidate can achieve a maximum of 1000 points for the entrance examination. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination, the candidate can achieve a maximum of 100 points and for the school part of the entrance examination, the candidate can achieve a maximum of 900 points. The candidate is obliged to take the uniform (state) entrance examination or the school entrance examination and cannot be admitted solely on the basis of the criteria for recognition of the entrance examination listed below.
Recognition of the school part of the examination
The entrance examination may be recognized (waived) and the candidate receives the maximum of 66 points without having to sit the General Study Prerequisites test, if the candidate meets at least one of the criteria below. In the case of an application for recognition of the school part of the entrance examination on the basis of points 4-8 below, it is a necessary condition to attach a Declaration on honour along with attachments (download the Declaration here) as it is an integral part of the application.
Criteria for recognition of the school part of the examination
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.5 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth or the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.4 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) the average school results from the three out of four following subjects (Czech Language and Literature, English Language, Mathematics, History) in the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.2 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year did not exceed the value of 1.9 (for both the 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
4) at least 2 years of study at Elementary School of Arts (ZUŠ), either musical or artistic field
5) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
6) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organized by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
7) based on the decision made by the headmistress of PRIGO High School by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Point 4) worthy of special consideration
For the school year 2021/2022, the number of students admitted to the field of Pre-school and Extra-curricular Pedagogy equal to 100. If the number of applications is lower than that, however, the school’s principal may decide by March 8, 2021 not to hold the uniform and school entrance examination and thereby accepting all the candidates. If the uniform entrance examination is not held, the applicant has the right to use both possibilities to sit the uniform entrance examination at the secondary school where he / she submitted his / her second application, as provided by the law.
The uniform (state) entrance exam consists of two didactic tests from a) Czech language and literature (sample here) and b) Mathematics (sample zde). The maximum number of points awarded from these didactic tests is 50 points. The highest score for the entrance examination is therefore 100 points in the case of error-free answers to all questions in both tests. The school part of the entrance examination consists of a test of General Study Prerequisites – OSP (sample here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 900 points. Information about the preparatory courses for the school entrance examination can be found here.
If the candidate is evaluated based on his / her school reports, only the first semester reports from the last two years are presented. If the applicant has not been evaluated in any of the evaluated periods by classification (grade) and only verbal evaluation has been used, the applicant will ask the primary school to provide the equivalent classification (grade). Pursuant to Section 51, Paragraph 3 of the Education Act, a primary school is obliged to transfer verbal evaluation to a classification by grade for the purposes of the admission procedure to a secondary school.
Candidates who take part in the 1st round of the entrance examination will be ranked according to the results of the entrance examination on the basis of the results of both parts of the entrance examination. Applicants who place between the 1st place to the place that corresponds to the order of the applicant who placed last within the capacity announced for the 1st round of the admission procedure for the given grammar school, will be admitted. Candidates who achieve the same score as the last mentioned candidate will also be accepted. In the event that candidates place in the same place, the ranking will be decided on the basis of their school reports.
You can find more information obout studying at our High School here.